Monday, February 25, 2013

Helping Hands

This last week of February, we are still on the theme of love and friendship.  We've designated this week as the Loving our World week.  The idea is to teach about charity, helping, serving, etc.  In order to communicate this to the preschoolers, we are using terms like "helpers" and "helping hands."  We are brainstorming how we are helpers at home, here at school, how we help people, animals, and plants, how other people help us, etc.

This is truly one of my favorite songs.  I first learned about it when someone gave us the soundtrack for the Curious George movie.  Ben Harper has been a long-time favorite artist, too.

I can change the world, with my own two hands.
Make it a better place, with my own two hands.
Make it a kinder place, with my own two hands.
With my own, with my own two hands.

I can make peace on Earth, with my own two hands.
I can clean up the Earth, with my own two hands.
I can reach out to you, with my own two hands.
With my own, with my own two hands.

I'm gonna make it a brighter place, with my own two hands.
I'm gonna make it a safer place, with my own two hands.
I'm gonna help the human race, with my own two hands.
With my own, with my own two hands.

I can hold you, in my own two hands.
And I can comfort you, with my own two hands.
But you've got to use, use your own two hands.
Use your own, use your own two hands.


Our project today was to make an Earth on paper, then cut out the shape of our hands to glue by the Earth, showing that we can be helpers of the Earth with our own two hands.  



There will be more to come. . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment